oxhead
Login | Register
Search
News - The wait is over!

By Polar 4 years ago
Catacylsm is finally upon us. Enjoy the new expansion.

As you will have noticed, we have cleared the WotLK data from GuildOx. All guild progress has been reset. Guilds will be ranked on the new Cataclysm raid content and your guilds will begin to show up in the ranking tables as soon as you get that first raid kill.

Cataclysm launch tips from Blizzard:

Q. Will there be any type of maintenance or downtime tonight?
A. We currently have no maintenance or downtime scheduled for the launch of Cataclysm. This may change depending on how smoothly the launch goes, and we'll be sure to keep you updated should anything change.

Q. So, I won't need to patch or anything?
A. Nope. Once you've installed the expansion from the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm DVD or completed the background download (available through the digital pre-purchase: http://us.battle.net/en/info/presale), you're good to go. No additional patching should be necessary.

Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content?
A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in.

Q. Where do I need to go to access the new level 80-82 zones (Hyjal and Vashj'ir)?
A. Portals to each of these embattled zones have been established in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Report to your respective faction capitols for transportation assistance.

Q. Will I be able to Race Change or Faction Change one of my characters to a goblin or worgen right away?
A. Yes, you will be able to change your characters' race to goblin or worgen by purchasing a Race Change or Faction Change immediately after Cataclysm is released.

Login or Register to Post

Popular Raiding and PvP Talents
Popular Raiding and PvP Glyphs
Popular Raiding and PvP Specs
Loot Rank for BiS Gear, Gemming, Reforging

Latest News (all news)
Hiding Alts
Exciting Times Ahead for GuildOx!
GuildOx Has a New Owner
Warlords of Draenor Announced
Farewell GuildOx Fans

Premium Guilds Recruiting